A shorter post this week, but no reflection on the activity going on, more on the fact I took less photographs!
Originally there was a sliding door built into the partition between the two passenger saloons. The black you can see is the remains of the rubber strip against which the door closed. The door was removed in the 1940s rebuild and the gaps around the frames filled with teak strips. During our restoration, we removed the hardboard skin (also added in the 40s) from A-end saloon to reveal the original tongue and groove that you can see. This also moved the corner trim back approx 3mm and the infill strip no-longer fitted. Bengt took about ½ hour to fix this.
Trimmed strip back in place, now just needs varnished up to match the rest of the frame
The rebuild of Stockholm Östra continues. The works had started to encroach on our stored spare wheelsets, indeed one had been knocked off the rails! We therefore persuaded one of the guys with a front loader to lift the wheelsets out of their way onto a number of pallets outside our workshop.
Elsewhere activity on a number of fronts including fixing of footsteps, much chipping and painting of the underframe, the last curved ceiling strip fixed in place and addition of more filler and primer elsewhere on the ceiling of the passanger saloons. Best regards from Stockholm, George!